Sophie Du Toit | Why CHS? Hear from our inaugural cohort!

July 19, 2021

The College of Humanities and Sciences (CHS) offers more than the conventional degree programme, and this is what persuaded Sophie Du Toit to accept her offer with the new college. The CHS curriculum enables her to explore a gamut of courses and electives, and challenge herself by engaging in subjects across multiple disciplines. Aligned with her personal and academic aspirations, CHS cultivates a diverse and flexible learning culture where she can set her own pathway, discover interdisciplinary insights and hone multiple skillsets.

Sophie is now preparing for her exciting journey at CHS and shares this: “As I decide on the modules offered by CHS, I will choose the ones that pique my interests, and extend across areas that I would be keen to explore at greater depth. I’m currently invested in pursuing Global Studies as a major. However, I am affirmed that the CHS programme could steer me in another direction, possibly majoring in a completely different area – a prospect which is thrilling.”.